TWO OF OUR MOST CHERISHED BROODLINGS ARE ARGUING OH NO. Aro, we’re afraid that we must disagree with you in this case. We object to Mr. Quinn being called oversensitive for his concerns.
fandom is not supposed to be a source of shame for people. which is not to say that everything has to be a nice geek social fallacy hugbox, or that fandom exists in a bubble! it doesn’t. there are people from all walks of life with different life experiences and it is goddamn…
^^^^ This a million times.
The preachy shit gets old real fast around here. The next person to call me a misogynist simply because I write more men than women in this fandom gets a swift kick to the crotch. No matter what you are, getting kicked there isn’t fun.
Give me a chick I identify with and I’ll spend some of my limited spoons on them too, I’m sure. I certainly did for Priss Asagiri from Bubblegum Crisis 2032 and 2040, Astronema from Power Rangers in Space, and Clare from Claymore to name a few offhand. I RP’d the shit out of those characters. Dragon Age has a lot of chick characters I like, but none that hit the level of OMGMUSTWRITE/DRAW/PLAY required for me to make fan-stuff of them.
I’m fucking genderqueer. I don’t care about the gender of the character when it comes to how much I like them. I only write porn with cock in it, but that’s because no matter which side of the fence I’m on that year, I’m never into girlparts. Sorry, but I’m allowed that. I can research what makes a kink hot to those who love it and get enough into the mindset while writing to pull it off, but I can’t do that for orientation as well.
So… yeah. Agreed.
Hey, I agree with a lot of what you’re saying, and if you don’t want to write erotica about people who aren’t cis or women, that’s completely fine and not the point I’m trying to make here at all—that’s a choice that should be respected! But that bit of genital essentialism you threw in was… kind of not cool. There are a lot of fellas who certainly wouldn’t consider their parts to be girlparts, ladies who would not consider their parts to be boyparts, and a lot of non-binary folks who wouldn’t consider their parts to be either or. Please don’t say that. :(
When I say I don’t write about girlparts, I’m saying I don’t write chicks. In porn. You know, where their bits are actually relevant to the type of story being written.
You’re being oversensitive in this case, and the fact that I’m having to defend calling boobies girlparts and balls boyparts makes me facepalm. Like, a lot.
“I’m having to defend calling boobies girlparts and balls boyparts makes me facepalm. Like, a lot.”
Hey, I have boobs, and I am not a girl, nor do I consider them to be parts of a girl. Even if you are writing porn that involves cis people, gendering body parts is still harmful as it may make trans readers feel as though because they do not have X, they are in fact not legitimately their gender identity.
I can’t take someone who claims to be a man but who acts like the stereotypical princess. You don’t speak for all transgendered and genderqueer people. I have boobs, despite being a transman, and it’s patently obvious that they’re estrogen-created feminine parts. That has nothing to do with WHO someone is, and calling girl parts girl parts has no impact on the personality of the transgendered person. If this deeply traumatises folks, then they need to harden up.
Aro was talking about female parts in the context of writing about heterosexual relationships involving cisgendered women and men. Freaking out about this is silly and it needs to stop.
- beranyth likes this
- digitalmeowmix likes this
- toriumi likes this
- demonrevolutionary likes this
- thevaleofarryn likes this
- bluedraco reblogged this from beermuda
- bizarrothatty said: so one person getting mad over something completely justified (invalidating someones gender identity which can be triggering!!) and some other people POLITELY asking someone to stop using language that is oppressive to them is a mob now, huh?
- beermuda likes this
- textsfromkirkwall likes this
- oldvengerturtle reblogged this from caligaes and added:
- nikolagriffin reblogged this from beermuda and added:
- curepeach likes this
- aspio reblogged this from beni-shigures
- budgerigorous likes this
- beni-shigures reblogged this from aeriste
- timeofyoursong likes this
- merryrobot likes this
- ademska reblogged this from aeriste and added:
- b-mommy reblogged this from aeriste and added:
- waverindarkness reblogged this from merryrobot and added:
- lizawithazed reblogged this from sw0rdkind and added:
- missl0nelyhearts likes this
- velshtein likes this
- elendraug likes this
- greytaliesin likes this
- unfamiliargroundsquirrel reblogged this from beermuda and added:
- unfamiliargroundsquirrel likes this
- anotherjen reblogged this from solaciolum
- tiromu reblogged this from solaciolum
- signcherie likes this
- camilladilla likes this
- solaciolum reblogged this from nessuno
- blondielovesbroody likes this
- mygoodrabbit likes this
- princeowl likes this
- sw0rdkind reblogged this from sometimesbrilliant
- pendror likes this
- pr0fessah likes this
- marllone likes this
- autumnyte likes this
- nithathil likes this
- micromys likes this
- micromys said: Haaaaaa maybe it’s a day for me to avoid tumblr
- magesmagesmages likes this
- tarii likes this
- caligaes likes this
- vanessasketch likes this
- nessuno reblogged this from yurilowell42069
- aspio likes this
- yurilowell42069 reblogged this from beermuda